Thursday, March 27, 2014

Farm cake and cupcakes!

This is a relatively old project I had lots of fun making. It was a request from one of my mom's friends, for her nephew turning 2 years old. Little birthday boy loves farm animals, so that was the theme! They asked me to please include a horse and a cow, since those are his favorites.

This cake serves 35-40 people, it's chocolate with dulce de leche filling. It's entirely covered in home-made almond fondant, and all farm animals and other details are also made using this same fondant. This was my very first fondant cake made in Lima, Peru, and at first humidity wasn't my friend and wanted to sabotage my fondant animals!!! Luckily adding gum tragacanth to my usual recipe solved the problem. I made the grass using tinted dehydrated coconut, my favorite way of adding grass texture to this type of cakes.

Besides the cake, the order included 15 matching cupcakes, so I used cream cheese vanilla frosting tinted green, and a "grass tip" to cover them, and I added fondant chicks to complete the theme.



Enjoy! For questions and orders, please contact me through Facebook. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment