Monday, March 31, 2014

It's an Under The Sea birthday party!

This is one of my favorite cakes of all times... very simple compared to others I've made since then, but I had lots of fun making all the little creatures and details out of fondant. I made it for my youngest son's first birthday party, and I used one of my most requested recipes: moist chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling. It's entirely covered in home-made almond fondant, and most of the details are made out of this same fondant... except the little "wooden board" which I made with home-made chocolate fondant instead.





To complete the theme, I once again made matching cakepops (I love matching cakepops!). This time I made some little fish with fondant fins... I used candy for the eyes and mouths:

Enjoy!

***Public Service Announcement***
If you haven't done it yet, don't forget to enter my first sweepstakes! I'm giving away a sampler box of my goodies :). To enter just follow these simple steps: leave me a comment in any post, and follow the instructions in the widget below:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

To use the widget, click in +1 (don't forget to leave your comment or the entry will not be valid!), and then click on +2 to get two extra entries for liking my Facebook page. If you already liked my Facebook page, then just fill out your info in the window and you'll get your two extra entries... if you still haven't liked my page, what are you waiting for? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment