Tuesday, March 25, 2014

LEGO Star Wars Cake and Cupcakes!

A few weeks ago I got a last minute order for 30 cupcakes and a 50-servings cake for a LEGO Star Wars birthday party. My client wanted some simple banana-chocolate cupcakes, with vanilla cream-cheese frosting, and fondant cupcake toppers in the shape of stars, lego blocks, stormtroopers, and lighsabers, as well as a little more complex cake: two tiers, vanilla-chocolate marble cake with dulce de leche filling. She requested the first tier to be decorated as a sheet uncovering some Legos underneath, and she wanted edible figurines in the LEGO Star Wars theme. She told me I could make the top tier however I wanted.

For the cupcakes I made toppers as requested, and in general it was a not too difficult job. The hardest part was to make the stormtroopers since I didn't have a proper cutter, but searching through my cookie cutter collection I figured how to use a tulip cookie cutter to make them, and I was very pleased with the results. Here some pictures...





This is how I made Stormtroopers using a tulip cookie cutter!



For the big cake I decided to make the upper tier in the shape of a sphere (entirely edible too), and to decorate it as the Death Star to go with the overall theme. I made fondant figurines representing a Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and R2D2. My client was very pleased and she sent me an awesome review saying that the cake had been a success and that even her oldest kid who usually hates cake, ate his entire portion.

Some pictures of the final product...




And a few more. Don't make fun of my figurine "props"! LOL. You gotta use what you've got handy until they dry enough to hold their shape ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment